Usually, CBD stays for 2 to 5 days in our body. The time duration for which it stays in the system depends on person to person. Before we proceed, let’s understand in brief about CBD.
CBD is the short form for cannabidiol which is a chemical compound obtained from the Cannabis sativa plant.
From this plant, CBD is extracted and is used in various products, one of which is CBD oil. It is not psychoactive which means it does not make you feel high. Thus, being the most widely used form of CBD, you can buy pure natural CBD oil from various sources available over the internet.
Where Is CBD Used?
When you consume CBD, it depends on several factors: how long the CBD effect will last and how long it will stay in your body.
What Are The Different Forms Of CBD?
CBD is available in different forms which include oils and tinctures, pills and capsules, edibles, vaping, creams, and lotions.
Always try to buy CBD products that are of good quality.
What are the factors which determine the stay of CBD in your system?
There are multiple factors that determine how long CBD will stay in your system which are as follows:
- The dose of CBD – If you take a higher dose of CBD, it will stay longer in your system. That is why it is very important for you to not take a dose extra than recommended.
- Frequency of CBD taken – Another factor that determines the stay of CBD in your system is how frequently you take it. If it is used regularly, it builds up in your body over time. That is why it is advised to use CBD for a week first so that you know if it is working for you or not. In the case of occasional use of CBD, it will get out of the system much quicker.
- Body composition – Every individual has a different body structure, body mass index, presence of water content, and metabolism due to which each one has a different effect of CBD on them. Everyone doesn’t need to have the same effect of CBD on their body even if they take the same dose or take it at the same frequency.
- The food you eat – This factor matters a lot on how much CBD will stay in your body will depend upon what you have eaten, how much you have eaten, and what have you eaten. If you take CBD on an empty stomach, it gets out of the system much quicker as compared to when you take it on a full stomach.
- How do you take it – There are many ways of intake CBD yet this is another factor which determines how long CBD stays in your system.
When you inhale (vape) CBD, it enters your lungs and shows a rapid effect, and leaves the body. If you place CBD under your tongue, it gets absorbed quickly into the bloodstream and stays longer in your system.
The digestive system metabolizes the edible forms of CBD which take some time. If you are using CBD in form of creams and lotions, they take a longer time to get out of the body.
How Much Time Does CBD Take To Show Its effect?
This also depends on certain factors which include:
- What form of CBD are you using?
- How much dosage of CBD is taking?
- Your body composition
Usually, the effects of CBD can be felt within 15 minutes of its administration whether you inhale it or keep it under your tongue. If you are using edible form or creams and lotions, it takes an hour or two to show its effect.
How Long Do The CBD Effects Last?
Generally, the CBD effects can last from 2 to 6 hours but it again depends on all the factors which we discussed above.
Will I Test Positive On A Drug Test?
Generally, on a drug test, CBD does not show up unless it contains THC. THC is the main and active ingredient of Marijuana and is responsible for giving high effect. Certain CBD products contain very small amounts of THC. It depends from product to product if it can show positive results in a drug test.
How long CBD will stay in your system depends on numerous factors which further depend on person to person as well. The time that CBD takes to show effect or how long it stays will be different for each person even if they are taking the same dose or using the same methods of CBD administration.
However, using the vaping method or putting CBD under the tongue can show the quick effects of CBD on the system as compared to when used in creams or lotions. It stays longer in the system when administered under the tongue as compared to when taken by vaping. Regular use of CBD can cause its build-up in your body.