Although CBD is derived from marijuana it does not have a high effect on the body unlike marijuana i.e. it is not psychoactive. What does CBD oil taste like seems to be a substantial dilemma among its users.
Usually, people opt for CBD oil because they want to avoid other CBD intake methods such as needles and inhalation. The ones who are going to try it for the first time have few questions in their mind, the major one of them is ‘What does CBD oil taste like’? Other questions include – ‘Will I be able to adapt to it?’ ‘Will I be able to tolerate it?’ ‘Should I add any edibles to make it more consumable’? ‘Which method would be better to consume CBD oil’ and the list of questions goes on.
Read on to find all the answers to your questions!
HOW DOES THE TASTE OF CBD OIL FEEL?
Well, different people have different views.
Some say it tastes like you’re eating grass mixed with dirt. While to some, it tastes like having raw green fruits or vegetables mixed with cheap wine. The possible reason being that the extract has chlorophyll in it.
And then there are others who feel it tastes like grassy and nutty.
So many tastes for one product, right? But here is the deal…
The Green Method Farms CBD oil is made from CBD distillate, which means that it has been purified to the point that it is a nice golden color kind of like honey. As a result, the ‘hempy’ taste has been mostly removed. And when combined with our mint or bubblegum flavoring, it is actually a very pleasant taste.
WHAT CREATES THE FLAVOR OF CBD OILS?
The CBD oils get their flavor from flavonoids and terpenes which are the components of extracts from cannabis. These are not cannabinoids and have very beneficial properties. The taste of CBD oil depends upon which component is used.
Surprisingly, pure CBD (isolate) does not have any smell and it does not have any taste either.
Let’s find out the different kinds of flavors that terpenes and flavonoids provide to the CBD oil.
These are aromatic oils that are secreted by the same glands which produce cannabinoids. They provide various cannabis strains with different flavors. Below are few terpenes which are found in different strains of cannabis:
- Alpha-Pinene: It has a piney taste and aroma. As per studies, it is useful in conditions like anxiety, pain, inflammation, asthma, ulcers, and cancer. Its benefits include promoting alertness, memory retention, and counteracting some of the effects of THC.
- Limonene: This terpene is known for its citric aroma and is effective in the treatment of anxiety, depression, cancer, pain, and inflammation as per studies. It is said to relieve stress and helps in improving mood as well.
- Myrcene: This terpene comes with musky and earthy flavors like those of cardamom and cloves. It is said to provide a sedating and relaxing effect. Researchers have found that it also has antioxidant properties which help in providing relief from pain, inflammation, and sleep problems.
- Beta-Caryophyllene: This terpene has a combination of two flavors which include spicy and woody similar to pepper and cloves and is a very good stress buster. It is beneficial in providing relief from anxiety, depression, and pain. It also helps in controlling the spread of ulcers as per studies.
- Linalool: This terpene has a floral smell just like lavender. It has soothing sedative effects and also enhances mood as well. Researchers believe that it is useful to provide treatment for anxiety, depression, pain, inflammation, insomnia, and neurodegenerative disease.
- Ocimene: This terpene has a sweet flavor but tastes woody as well. It is beneficial as an antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal agent. It is also used as a decongestant.
- Humulene: This terpene tastes like hops and it smells earthy woody. Studies claim that it helps in providing relief from the inflammation.
- Terpinolene This terpene has a herbal taste and its aroma is herbal as well. It provides a relaxing effect. It has excellent antioxidant and sedative properties. As per research, it helps in fighting bacteria, fungus, and is also used to treat cancer.
Cannabis has 20 varieties of flavonoids which are responsible for providing distinctive aroma and flavor to each of the cannabis strains.
Some people get used to the taste of CBD oil soon but some take a week to adapt to the taste. If you are still finding it hard to adjust to the taste of CBD oil, we tell you some ways by which you can overcome your problem.
HOW TO IMPROVE THE TASTE OF CBD OIL?
To improve the taste of CBD oil, you have to try two things. First is that you change the way you take CBD and second is you add flavored products to CBD oil to make it taste better. Let’s know about them one by one.
1. CHANGING THE WAY YOU CONSUME CBD OIL
When you take the CBD oil sublingually i.e. by putting it under the tongue, you face the taste problems. However, if you use methods such as inhalation (vaping) or you ingest CBD isolate capsules or you inject it intravenously or you use topical creams. In all of these cases, you don’t have to put the CBD oil into your mouth and you save yourself from its taste.
2. ADDING A FLAVORED PRODUCT
This is the second option where you can add nice flavors to CBD oil so that you don’t face the taste issues. There are various CBD oil products that come with different kinds of added flavors. Such flavors include strawberry, lemon, mint, chocolate peppermint, and natural earthy. Our pure CBD oil comes in natural, mint and bubblegum CBD flavors. Even though our natural flavor is not very ‘hempy’, if you do not like that taste, the mint and bubblegum flavors pretty much remove the hemp taste leaving your mouth with a fresh taste.
HOW TO MASK THE TASTE OF CBD OIL?
With some simple tips, you can cover up the taste as well as the smell of CBD oil. This includes:
- When you are consuming CBD oil sublingually, eat your favorite food or snack along with it to mask the taste.
- Just before using CBD oil, brush your teeth.
- When taking a few drops of CBD oil, pop a gum or lozenge with your favorite flavor.
- While consuming CBD oil sublingually, do not breathe through your mouth.
- After consuming CBD oil, drink milkshakes of your favorite flavor or have coffee.
- If you are consuming CBD oil by putting it under the tongue (sublingually), put drops of honey as well to improve the taste.
- Choosing CBD isolates over full-spectrum variants as CBD isolates do not have a particular taste or smell.
- If you are taking CBD oil sublingually, you can eat yogurt along to mask the taste of CBD oil.
- One way you can try is by eating a slice of cheese or adding a spoon of peanut butter when you are taking the CBD oil by keeping it under your tongue. This will numb the CBD oil taste in a much better way.
- If you don’t want to try any of these, just drink water or eat something sweet to mask the taste of CBD oil.
If you are still not satisfied with any of this, try to buy CBD oil which has your favorite flavor. There are certain products that contain hemp which makes the taste of CBD oil horrible. Try Non-Hempy tasting CBD oil which will remove your fear of bad taste.
The best part about CBD oil is that it is not psychoactive and does not cause any kind of effects like intoxication or hallucinations. It is safe and is becoming very popular.
A lot of customers have used our CBD oil and their feedback is that it doesn’t have a hempy taste which makes it taste much better than other products. And our mint and bubblegum flavors are really tasty.
It becomes necessary to choose the CBD oil as per the liking of your taste and aroma. The taste of CBD oil is important because when you take it by keeping it under the tongue, it gives the maximum benefits as compared to when it is taken by using other methods. Choose the best as you deserve the best!